Obsessed Forum

The voice of the focused, the organized, and the obsessed

Cars and Garage Obsession Garage Two (race car) Garage

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Amelie 4 months ago.

• Author
    Natedog187
    natedog187
    Participant
    • 5 Total Posts
    • Cornfield USA

Like most I have way too much “junk” in my garage and it drives me insane. I watch Matt’s videos and know deep in my heart that level of cleanliness and organization is what I have been missing in my life. My wife and I moved into our home almost two years ago and I have not made the garage a priority until now. To make a long story short we were going to have a custom home built but when we came up with what we wanted it went way over budget and just caused so much stress between us thinking of spending that much on a home we may not stay in forever. So I convinced her to let me purchase a new “spec” home in my hometown and I would add the custom touches she wanted myself and we would save a lot of money. I am pretty decent when it comes to carpentry and home projects and enjoy improving things so this felt like a win/win. The home we purchased is a pretty basic ranch home, three bedroom, two bath, 1600 sqft, hardwood, vaulted ceiling, open floor plan with a two car attached garage. The garage is where I really lucked out, yeah I would have loved to had a three car garage but there were none available, what I did get was the deepest garage in the neighborhood. For some reason the builder of my home decided to venture from the standard spec that they had built many times in my neighborhood and shrunk the laundry room and one bathroom and made the garage almost 30ft deep which gives me the room I need for cabinets, workbenches and toolboxes. For the past almost two years I have been just reorganizing (shit shifting) as I work on all of the home projects I promised I would do. I finally got caught up and the wife is happy so I got back in the garage working on one of my projects (a race car). I struggled through getting the chassis repair work done that I was focused on then finally said “screw it, time to redo this garage”. This will be a process as I have time and extra funds to complete this but I got started on it this week and made a little progress. The plan is to make it as clean and organized as possible so I can spend more time enjoying my projects than looking for items or shifting junk around to make room. Clean and simple two tone on the walls with maybe a picture or two, home built over head and base cabinets, some kind of cheap 40 something inch tv, I have some old Bose 141 bookshelf speakers I will pair up with a sub for audio, a mop sink with hookups for my pressure washer and a couple of air king fans. Not sure what direction I will go for flooring as of yet, would love to follow the OG recipe and just add Swisstrax but since I weld in my garage and my race cars have very sticky tires over 15″ wide and I need to be able to turn them to set caster and camber at ride height I don’t think Swisstrax is the best option for me.

As projects go this is the general direction I am heading in but that is bound to change as I encounter problems or become more aware of a better path. Hopefully some of guys can either pull inspiration from my journey or even offer solutions to problems I may encounter. I will do my best to document the journey on here. There is also a garden shed planned in the near future for bicycles, yard tools and other junk.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/[email protected]/i4uP30

https://www.flickr.com/gp/[email protected]/X1o9jd

https://www.flickr.com/gp/[email protected]/t9Tgab

https://www.flickr.com/gp/[email protected]/4SBMe3

https://www.flickr.com/gp/[email protected]/363FD7

"A bad night in the garage is better than a good day at work."
    Natedog187
    natedog187
    Participant
    • 5 Total Posts
    • Cornfield USA

Here is the mess I have at the front currently, since I finished one side wall its time to strip the front and paint everything then figure out my cabinet situation and start putting things in their place.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

"A bad night in the garage is better than a good day at work."
    Amelie
    Amelie
    • 4 Total Posts
    • United State

Spectacular find! 1 of only 1671 built! Only 12,727 original one owner miles, (Driven less than 1,000 miles a year!) hand built 8.0 liter aluminum [email protected], heavy duty 6 speed manual transmission, fully independent limited slip rear differential, mirror finish Viper Blue paint w/white stripes, black leather sport bucket seat interior w/factory console, full factory white face gauges w/200mph speedo & 7K tach, height adjustable pedal set, factory Alpine digital sound system, 17 factory chrome alloys w/fresh Michelin Pilot high speed radials, great sounding upgraded dual exhaust, smooth tube cold air intake, (Factory exhaust and cold air intake come with it too). Fitted Viper car cover. This is an exceptional, low mileage example of this incredibly rare American Supercar!

Flemings Ultimate Garage Reviews

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by Amelie.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

flemings ultimate garage reviews

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe to OG