Obsessed Forum

The voice of the focused, the organized, and the obsessed

Cars and Garage Obsession Cars Obsessing over the details- returning to concours condition

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Hopey 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    Hopey
    Hopey
    Participant
    • 4 Total Posts

so not the usual car for this group, but an example of what happens when you can’t get the small details right.  Back story, I have always liked older cars as well as the latest German autobahn speed machines. Back in 2007 I bought what was a 40 year old BOSS302 Mustang, numbers matching in decent condition to be a fun project. It needed some TLC.  The engine bay was a mess, and I wanted more power. Stock back in 1970 these had an official 290HP, unofficially closer to 350. The engines respond to stroking well, especially with the large TA BOSS heads fitted from new. So stroked it to 349cuin, dunked at a respectable 447hp afterwards. Detailed the engine, all fasteners, finishes etc exactly the way it was when new.

Paint on the body was decent, but I still wanted perfection. So last year sent my baby sway for a full strip down, rust repair and 100% concours restoration. I will still drive it, but will be happier having it “as new”, all be it with a few mods and a little extra power…

Hopey
    Hopey
    Participant
    • 4 Total Posts

Some more pics – engine fully detailed… then strip the whole car for rust repairs, and full restoration to the way it was born back in November 69…

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Hopey.

Hopey
    Hopey
    Participant
    • 4 Total Posts

Another attempt at the photos…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe to OG