Obsessed Forum

The voice of the focused, the organized, and the obsessed

Personal Stuff Your Life Story Needed an outlet

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by psimpkins15 6 months ago.

• Author
    Psimpkins15
    psimpkins15
    Participant
    • 5 Total Posts

I’m 28 years old, married to an amazing woman and beautiful daughter that support my detailing habit. I live Tazewell, Virginia and lets just say there are more cows than people here. Not much goes on and people don’t really care about keeping their vehicles clean. I’ve always tried my best to keep my vehicles clean but it was in the past few years that it really became an obsession. When I was in high school I attended the vocational Center and obtained a degree in auto body and collision repair. After high school I went to college and 3 months in I started to think this wasn’t what I wanted anymore. I dropped out and got a job at an auto body shop. After a year I started to hate working in an auto body garage cause all we did was insurance jobs and I felt like I wasn’t getting ahead in life. I then got a job in construction for the next 3 years and the economy here sank when coal mines shut down…. I was laid off for quite some time so buying detailing stuff got put on hold and I tried to save money any where I could. I eventually found a job at a warehouse for magic mart (like Walmart just locally owned and sales cheap stuff) once again after 2 years no advancement had been made do to the suffering economy. I thought I had hit an all time low till my then wife said she wanted a divorce. But as time moves on so do we. I found my current wife and she was able to help me land a career job in law enforcement. I’ve been working at my local jail for going on 4 years now and couldn’t be happier with my life. But dealing with people that have mental issues and have committed the most horrible crimes we could imagine, it became difficult for me to have an outlet. 2 years ago I was finally back to being financially stable and I started taking pride back in my ride that I had missed so much! I was able to to spend time in my drive way and garage and for get about all the negative things from job and could just be me! In the past year my detailing arsenal has grew tremendously and I found the obsessed garage page, YouTube channel and found that yall are even more obsessed than I am and it’s made things a lot better being able to have people that can relate to me cause God knows my wife can only listen to me talk about so much detailing stuff but she still continues to support me even by bringing a chair to the garage and talking with me as I wash away my issues. My current daily is a 2013 Ford F150 but it’s paid for so now I’m saving for something for fun to drive in the weekends. It’s always been my dream to open my garage door and see a Toyota Supra sitting there. I’ll continue to keep working to my goal and I don’t care if I’m 50 it will happen one day! So thanks to yall for helping me be able to work thru my issues and I look forward to seeing yalls stories!

SLOWER
    SLOWER
    Participant
    • 17 Total Posts

Great post.  Good luck with the Supra!

Psimpkins15
    psimpkins15
    Participant
    • 5 Total Posts

<p style=”text-align: right;”>Thanks! I’m hoping to have it within the next 2 or 3 years so I got time to get my garage ready for it</p>

Money2536
    Matt Moreman
    Admin
    • 5 Total Posts
    • The Villages, FL

Awesome post man!   You know what I am always saying.  Who the heck is going to stop you from opening the garage door and seeing the cars you want?  It may take time.  It may also involve some sacrifices, but don’t ever let anyone tell you that you can’t.  That’s for losers.

Current:  GT3 Journal | GT350 Journal | S2000 Journal | Raptor Journal | Dedicated Wash Bay

Past:  Carrera S Journal | M3 Journal | Temporary Garage Project

Media:  YouTube | Instagram | Facebook | Facebook Group | Twitter

Psimpkins15
    psimpkins15
    Participant
    • 5 Total Posts

I appreciate that Matt…. I know my garage will never be like some of the guys on here but it’s still gonna be nice and organized. I’m fine with it taking time cause newer and better stuff is always coming out and I hate that man I wish I would of just waited feeling.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe to OG