Obsessed Forum

The voice of the focused, the organized, and the obsessed

Personal Stuff Your Life Story Just Starting My Journey

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Aclark2014 3 months ago.

• Author
    Robby
    Robby
    Participant
    • 1 Total Posts

Hello all,

It seems that I may be a little different than most of you; I’m 20 years old and attending college. I go to Missouri University of Science & Technology for Electrical Engineering and am currently taking a break from studying for finals. I drive a 2013 Chevrolet Sonic (metallic black, hatchback, turbo) that I bought new (parents helped with 1/2) as my first car. I’ve always sort of obsessed over my possessions, wanting to keep everything I have nice and pristine.

I started off learning from my dad that Meguiar’s ¬†products are the greatest you could get and a chamois was the best tool for drying that there ever was. It didn’t take long before I discovered Adam’s and the vast array of other great (kinda expensive for me) products. Soon after those, I started to wash my car 3-4 times per week (black car, kept outside). Not long after, I finally started to see those dreaded little swirls and invested in a dual action polisher.

I then went off to college, where I would only drive my car once or twice a week and had essentially nowhere to wash it unless I drove home (St. Louis area). I have just now (end of second year of college) fixed that problem and got my very own garage! It is extremely bare and ready to be transformed.

Onto the pictures:

When I bought the car:

• This topic was modified 4 months ago by Robby.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Aclark2014
    Aclark2014
    Participant
    • 1 Total Posts
    • Greensboro, NC

I’m glad to see another person on here who’s just getting started! I’m a 25 year old grad student and I just bought my first car (after having a $2,000 Craigslist car that lasted me from age 16 to now). I have a 2014 Chevy Cruze LTZ RS and I am so excited to be moving in September to a place where I can finally have my very first garage as well! I’ve always been into cars (I’m more comfortable working under the hood because my dad is a mechanic) but didn’t know how much I didn’t know about detailing until I found OG. I like to learn so this is a really fun resource for me!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe to OG