Obsessed Forum

The voice of the focused, the organized, and the obsessed

Cars and Garage Obsession Garage Florida Garage "Refresh"

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by dubber 4 months ago.

• Author
    91foxbody
    91foxbody
    Participant
    • 2 Total Posts

Hey everyone,

I’ve been an OG member since the Facebook group was tiny. Matt and the gang have given me some bad ideas as to what I need in my garage, but when I joined the group I was renting a home with a detached single car garage that I didn’t feel the need to modify. Fast forward March of this year when I purchased my first home. I knew that I needed a two-car garage, and I found a house that met all of the other criteria I set. The garage needed….significant help, and I’ve slowly begun that process.

The home came with pegboard down both side walls, and I’ve begun the tedious process of removing that. The downside is that the drywall behind it is rough, but I’m looking at is as a way to practice my drywall repair skills. I liked one of the colors that my girlfriend picked out to paint some interior walls, and I’m using the leftover portion of that for the bare drywall.

I probably wrench on cars more than I detail them, but I pride myself on having a relatively clean car despite the enormous levels of Central FL rain. I’d like to tailor the garage to not only house my baby (E90 M3) and her related parts/supplies, but also my girlfriend’s small SUV and some things that don’t fit in the house. I’ll keep the wash/detail basics in some cabinets, and eventually install some lighting while I teach myself how to polish/correct.

Parts that are on order:

• NewAge Bold 3.0 6 piece set
    • Definitive Technology AW6500 speakers
    • Onkyo 535 receiver

Future plans:

• 1-2 AirKing fans like Matt uses
    • Additional lighting
    • Compressor
    • A set of 5k QuickJacks for oil changes, etc.
    • Racedeck flooring

This will likely be a 6-12 month project, as there are many other things I need to do to the house before I tackle the major drywall repair. I’ll do my best to chronicle progress here!

The day I closed:

Pegboard

More pegboard (along with my interior trim painting assembly line)

The drywall nightmare

Acoustix
    Acoustix
    Participant
    • 18 Total Posts

can’t wait to see more of the garage and the M! i drive a 135i. not an M car but i love it! that pegboard is so deceiving haha. glad you are getting rid of it!

Tenman
    tenman
    Participant
    • 2 Total Posts

Nice progress! Very similar to how I started my project. We have identical cars too.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336313

DSC_6477 by andrewt92[/url], on Flickr

Kyle
    Kyle
    Participant
    • 10 Total Posts

Looks like a good amount of room! Looking forward to updates.

91foxbody
    91foxbody
    Participant
    • 2 Total Posts

Thanks everyone. tenman, I wish mine was ZCP!

I worked for a few hours last night and snagged some updated pics. I painted the front wall of the garage and hung the speakers. I’ve got temporary shelving from my old garage in place until my cabinets arrive in a few weeks.

Doogee
    doogee
    Participant
    • 1 Total Posts

Looks like a few of us have something in common!

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by doogee.

Dubber
    dubber
    Participant
    • 4 Total Posts
    • Ottawa, Canada

Your off to a great start. Good luck with the rest of your project.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe to OG