Obsessed Forum

The voice of the focused, the organized, and the obsessed

Anything Detailing Washing & Drying Do you 'need' a dedicate Tire cleaner (test inside)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by vinsaniti 4 months ago.

• Author
    Toddj
    toddj
    Participant
    • 5 Total Posts

In this test I washed my boat tire with Megs APC 4:1. And then followed it up with Adam’s Tire and Rubber cleaner to see what else it would pull off

Before
     photo 1.jpg

During APC 4:1
     photo 2.jpg

After Rinsed off APC 4:1
     photo 3.jpg

During Adam’s Tire and Rubber Cleaner (Full strength)
     photo 4.png

Rinsed and Dried
     photo 5.jpg

I’ve used over 1 gallon of Adam’s Tire and Rubber cleaner over the last 6 months. I’m convinced I do ‘need’ a dedicated Tire Cleaner. I have also used Shine Supply Wise Guys. I like it better for 2 reasons. 1) Cheaper 2) You can dilute it 2:1 and it works great!

Xracer4844
    xracer4844
    Participant
    • 19 Total Posts
    • Ontario, Canada

Thanks for the post. I would be interested to hear what others think. I remember when Matt first tried the Shine Supply Wise Guy, he showed that it reacts with rubber to turn brown. Even after he washed the tire three times, every time, it turned brown. While I think Wise Guy is a good product, I’m a little bit skeptical.

I think that Wise Guy is stronger than Megs APC 1:4, so perhaps it’s more effective…although I think 2 or 3 coats of Megs APC would work just as effectively.

Toddj
    toddj
    Participant
    • 5 Total Posts

I have tried 4:1 Megs APC many times. I basically scrubbed and rinsed until the bubbles were white. Then graduated to Adam’s Tire cleaner.

To answer your question, I’ve gone thru 3 cycles of Wise Guys on the same tire, and then the bubbles turn white. That’s when I stop. Once you get them clean the 1st time, and protect them with a good product like Perl, the next time you clean them it only takes 1 cycle of Wise Guys to get them back to original clean.

Diluted Wise Guys at 2:1 seems to be much stronger than Adam’s undiluted. I may try 3:1 or 4:1 Wise Guys to get even more turn on my investment.

Tommy
    Tommy
    Participant
    • 2 Total Posts
    • Norway

I’ve never used a dedicated tire cleaner. I just dilute the alkaline cleaner I use for most of the other stuff a bit less.

CSEuler
    CSEuler
    Participant
    • 1 Total Posts
    • Orlando, FL

I’ve been fighting this battle lately.  I’m also using Megs APC but not getting the results I expect.  I have heard some good things about Mckees Tire and rubber rejuvenator. I’m gonna give it a shot.  I scrub and scrub with APC and still see brown.  Drives me nuts.

Sinister.Shelby
    Sinister.Shelby
    Participant
    • 5 Total Posts
    • Boaz,Al

I have used Bleche Wite for years, and love it.  It used to be made/distributed by Wesley’s, now it’s Black Magic. After the name change, the new formula sucked, but they have now gone back to the original formula.  I love all the boutique mail order brands, but it’s nice to find products that work and I can pick up a new bottle at 1PM Sunday if I run out.

Vinsaniti
    vinsaniti
    Participant
    • 2 Total Posts
    • Columbus, OH

Has anyone tried a citrus degreaser rather than APC for this? That’s what I use and it does a pretty good job.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe to OG