Obsessed Forum

The voice of the focused, the organized, and the obsessed

Anything Detailing Interior Dash Clean & UV Protect?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Sinister.Shelby 2 months ago.

• Author
    TurboTony
    TurboTony
    Participant
    • 5 Total Posts

Hi OGers,

What does everyone use for cleaning dashboards and maybe providing a little UV protection? I use a mild APC, but there’s no protection there.

I like a matt finish, with no silly gloss.

Acoustix
    Acoustix
    Participant
    • 18 Total Posts

I use 303 APC then apply Aerospace protectant, It has UV protection and depending on how much you apply you can achieve anywhere from a matte sheen to a semi gloss finish.

I like it because you don’t get that oily look after its applied. it also last quite a long time.

TurboTony
    TurboTony
    Participant
    • 5 Total Posts

Thanks, I’ve heard of 303 being recommended before, but always assumed it was more of a greasy-like dressing for engines and the suchlike. Does it clean too, or do I need to do separate clean and protect┬ástages on the dash?

Xracer4844
    xracer4844
    Participant
    • 19 Total Posts
    • Ontario, Canada

+1 – If you are looking for UV protection…It’s hard to beat 303. It’s commonly used in airplanes to protect from the UV rays. I find that it dries shiny, and kind of leaves a glossy film, so my advice would be to do a test area and see if you like the finish.

Zac
    Zac
    Participant
    • 1 Total Posts

+1. Use 303 and follow up with a microfiber to wipe away some excess and to get a more matte look.

J.Kempster
    J.Kempster
    Participant
    • 1 Total Posts

I use a APC to clean and then I protect with Meguiar’s M40. A friend of mine recommended it and he has a 1999 F150 and has been using it since day 1, the interior looks brand new. M40 also has a pleasant smell in my opinion. I bought a gallon so I may try another in the future.

Agpatel
    agpatel
    Participant
    • 3 Total Posts

For deep cleaning I am using Nanolex Interior Cleaner and 303, but for weekly or just light cleaning and little protection I have started using, and like, Adams Interior Detailer.

Sinister.Shelby
    Sinister.Shelby
    Participant
    • 5 Total Posts
    • Boaz,Al

I like Wolfgang Vinyl Rubber protectant. It will do some light cleaning, dries matte, without any residue. It smells like a car should smell IMO, no fruity or candy aroma. I’ve recently tried Nexzett Cockpit and it’s great except the citrus smell. Although the smell only lasts a few hours.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe to OG